As Professional School Counselors:
- We believe that all students are able to learn and meet high standards when provided with an environment that is safe, nurturing, and conducive to their learning style.
- We believe that student developmental needs are best met through the collaborative effort of all stakeholders in designing and implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- We believe that school counselors must be leaders within their school communities, advocates for all students, and collaborators with key stakeholders in order to effectively meet the needs of all students.
- We believe that certified professional school counselors are responsible for the planning, management, delivery, and evaluation of the comprehensive school counseling program.
- We believe that school data must be evaluated to develop a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes student achievement.
- We believe that as professional school counselors, we must utilize the ASCA ethical standards as a guide in order to make decisions that are centered around the best interests of all students.